Information provided to us directly
Certain information such as your first and last name, organization, phone number, and e-mail address may be requested when you purchase an item, or if you correspond with us. This information is used to operate, maintain, and provide the features and products of the Shop to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues.
Information collected automatically and from cookies
We will collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Shop. We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information within our Shop, including by entering your location data, or by deriving your approximate location from other information, such as your IP address.
When you visit the Shop, website cookies may be used which may also convey information to us about how you use the Shop (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, etc). If you would like to adjust your cookie settings, please consult your browser instructions.
How the information may be used
Information collected may be used to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Shop;
- For data analytics: Information that may help us improve the Shop and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Research and develop new products;
- Provide customer service and support: We use contact information to get in touch with you and to send you updates, payment confirmation, and other support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Shop; and
- For matters that we are required to use your information by law: We will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Privacy and Terms or to protect the security or integrity of our Shop; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Shop, our Users or others.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
Who we share your information with
Some of the third parties that may share your personal information with include providers who assist the Shop with functions such as:
- Customer support and email services
- Hosting and storage
- Delivery of physical products
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)
We will process your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for shoppers in the European Economic Area (EEA). The GDPR governs how the Shop may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it.
We will collect and use your information only where:
We need it to provide you the Shop and products and fulfill our obligations to you. It is in our legitimate interests to provide a useful Shop. You consent to us using your information in a certain way – for example, to receive products you purchased. It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Shop and its services.
Links to other websites
Making a request in relation to your personal information
As of January 1, 2020, the CCPA gives California consumers various rights with respect to the personal information collected, including the right to (subject to certain limitations): a) request access to personal information this Shop has about you; b) request that this Shop delete all of your personal information.
California users may make a request by contacting us. Your request must be authenticated using the email address associated with the Shop account and if needed, proof of residency.
We do not “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) the personal information of the Users.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may be updated from time to time to reflect our most current practice and ensure compliance with applicable laws. When changes are made to this policy, the “Updated” date at the bottom of this policy will be revised. If we make any material changes to the way information is collected, used, stored and/or shared, we will notify you by immediately posting notice of the changes on our website and/or contacting you via email.