My screen print has been selected as one of 20 pieces nation-wide to be featured on Blue Moon Artist Series labels, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Blue Moon Brewing Co. Here is the original print:
Now featured on a limited-edition Blue Moon Artist Series label…
* * * * * * important * * * * * *
So, there is a little contest to this…
To support me and my work, please visit Blue Moon’s fb page and simply * LIKE * my piece: here is the link – http://on.fb.me/1KDop7Q
The top 10 pieces with highest number of likes are eligible for an award. The contest goes through end of August, so feel free to share too. I sincerely appreciate your support, thank you!
Check out some of the process from creating the print…
A new print from a collection of screen prints inspired by insects and seasons.
I really enjoyed designing this image, particularly researching and sketching the many patterns and geometry of grasshoppers.
The final is a 27″ x 21″ three-color screen print on Stonehenge paper. It was initially hand drawn in pen and ink, then screen printed in a limited edition of 20. Close-ups and initial process roughs are below.
It is now available in my etsy shop :)
Now that I’m back, I thought I’d post some updates on the Struwwelpeter project. There has been a lot to do on the books, so I’ve been busy ordering materials and finishing everything up.
The pages have all been printed and cut down to size. I am now in the process of folding, sewing and gluing everything… Soon I will be applying the covers and wrapping everything in bookcloth.
For the next few weeks, I will be recording the book-binding process as much as I can. Since I’m relatively new at this, I’m learning as I go and trying out new things.
First, before the pages can be bound, they have to be folded. Since there are over 620 sheets of paper to fold, setting up a jig is a good idea.
I used some illustration board to set up the edges, then taped a ruler across (making sure it is aligned to the halfway point). The height of the illustration boards allowed for space to slide the sheets in and out.
Once the sheet was in place, I used a bone folder, sliding it down the length of the ruler a few times. This creates a crease straight down the sheet:
The crease allows the page to fold in half without damaging it.
The fold is pressed a couple times on each side with the bone folder, creating a sharp fold. Eventually you have a whole stack of folded pages.